“The WikiLeaks Debate” will be the topic of this year’s Law & the Media seminar at the South Texas College of Law Jan. 28.
Our panelists and speakers this year are slated to include:
- Geoffrey Robertson, London-based lawyer for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange
- Eric Schmitt, reporter for the New York Times
- Lucy Dalgish, executive director of the Reporters Committee on Freedom of the Press
- Don DeGabrille, former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Texas
- David Adler, federal criminal defense attorney
- And our moderator Tom Forestier, managing shareholder of the Houston office of Winstead law firm.
Journalists, communications professionals and law and journalism students get in free but registration is required (see this PDF form for registration). Attorneys can get in for $40 (with advance registration) or $50 (for same-day registration, space permitting) and get 3.0 of continuing education credits.
The cost of admission includes continental breakfast.
Registration and breakfast will be available from 8-8:55 a.m. The program starts at 8:55 and wraps up at 12:30.