SPJ Houston Pro Chapter
Dec. 5, 2012
The meeting came to order at 6:15 p.m. All officers and board members were present.
1) Financial report
• Deferred until next meeting pending transfer of financial records to current chapter treasurer, Susanne Pagano.
2) Review of tax-exempt status
We are still waiting for the IRS response.
3) Law and the Media event status
• The board is looking at the best way to inform area journalists and student journalists of the event
• The board will offer SPJ information and membership forms at the event
4) Media guide status
• Pagano has contacted the Greater Houston Partnership regarding a joint production as in year’s past. She has had no response.
• Susanne is seeking bids for the chapter to produce the media guide on its own.
5) Committee reports
• No reports
6) Open business
• The board is looking for a program possibility for the January meeting. Jim Magill (vice president) will research and report to the board.
• The board is working to present a panel discussion of suburban editors on their product for a spring meeting. Jim and Kassia Micek (secretary) will research and report to the board.
• Susanne to follow up on chapter financials so board members know the budget for future programs.
Meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.
* These minutes are unofficial until approved by the board at the next board meeting.